Report Save and Print

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PBoffice

Report Save and Print

Post by PBoffice »

I have run a report in PowerChurch and saved it as a Word doc..... but I can' t open it and keep getting the same message:

You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting.

Any suggestion, I am using MS Office 2007 so have no idea what version PowerChurch is trying to save it in.

Thanks!

Victoria :?:

NeilZ

Re: Report Save and Print

Post by NeilZ »

VGoffice wrote:I have run a report in PowerChurch and saved it as a Word doc..... but I can' t open it and keep getting the same message:

You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting.

Any suggestion, I am using MS Office 2007 so have no idea what version PowerChurch is trying to save it in.

Thanks!

The report package that Powerchurch is using creates Word documents in the older Word 97-2003 version. Newer versions of MS Office see that as security issues, which is the case if you're opening older documents from unknown sources. However, there is a way to turn off the old version block. See this Knowledgebase article:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/79/ ... and-higher
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Re: Report Save and Print

Post by NeilZ »

NeilZ wrote:
VGoffice wrote:I have run a report in PowerChurch and saved it as a Word doc..... but I can' t open it and keep getting the same message:

Thanks!

The report package that Powerchurch is using creates Word documents in the older Word 97-2003 version. Newer versions of MS Office see that as a security issue, which is the case if you're opening older documents from unknown sources. However, there is a way to turn off the old version block. See this Knowledgebase article:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/79/ ... and-higher
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.