Report Protection

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PBoffice

Report Protection

Post by PBoffice »

Is there a way to protect a report that has been run (i.e., the contributions received and deposited) so that no changes can be made once done?

Hope I explained this ok.

NeilZ

Re: Report Protection

Post by NeilZ »

VGoffice wrote:Is there a way to protect a report that has been run (i.e., the contributions received and deposited) so that no changes can be made once done?

Hope I explained this ok.
The only way this report is changed, is if someone changes something in Contributions. Usually happens if the bank says that there was an issue with the way a check was entered (someone 'fat fingered' a number, and it wasn't caught when check verification was done), or the cash was miscounted.

Then what happens is that the entry for Loose Cash is adjusted in the system, or the entry for the contributor is adjusted. This then affects the final set of reports: Funds Report, Unposted Contributions (if the contributions had not yet been posted), etc. It also affects any other reports derived from the Contributions database, such as a custom report.

These changes then affect the Funds Accounting system if the Contributions had already been posted to Funds Accounting, and the adjustments to the deposited Contributions are then posted to Funds Accounting to update the income and checking accounts.

So, if you're looking for a one word answer, it is no. They cannot be locked.

Why, what seems to be the problem?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.