Custom Reports Library

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

Zaphod wrote:Ok then, let's have an informal poll:

By a show of (virtual) hands, who would like to contribute custom reports they've created to a shared online repository?

I'm in favor of the idea myself, but I'd like to get an idea of how successful this sort of thing might be.

Has there been any development on this issue?
Garland Tackett, Director of Administration
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

wpcoffice

custom reports

Post by wpcoffice »

I would love to share custom reports. I have a great one for the church directory that lists the last names, then the parents names, addresses, phone numbers and kids on a separate line and also displays which parish they are in along with deacons names. It has worked great but was pretty difficult to set up. I would like to be able to customize the standard reports and also to see how others et up their custom reports.

bowentz

Whatever happened to this?

Post by bowentz »

Just wondering what happened to this thread? I have a couple of custom reports that 'I' think are pretty cool and would like to share..

1. counting sheets -- report that lists all contributors by env number with 2 cols--one for check and one for cash.. Then a summary page at the end that allows the counters to add up the offering and balance, etc..

2. report of all families used during appointments for photo sessions -- lists all data about the family so that they can validate birthdays, phone numbers, etc.. while waiting to have pictures taken. This helped us get a lot of data corrected..

Eden Whitehead

Re: Whatever happened to this?

Post by Eden Whitehead »

bowentz wrote:Just wondering what happened to this thread? I have a couple of custom reports that 'I' think are pretty cool and would like to share..
Both your custom reports, as you described them, sound pretty cool to me too. So what isgoing on with this thread? :roll:

Eden
*Still* learning... and gratefully so!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I seem to remember about that time that some major maintenance releases needed to be done for version 9, and the testing for that may have put this on a back burner, and then forgot.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, having a 'library' of custom reports would be a great thing.

Those two reports that have just been mentioned could have been used here, during the last year as this church does not have the counters enter the data directly into the system (which I feel adds extra steps into the process) so we could use the envelope list report; and we just did a new church directory, so we could have used the photo session report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There are also security issues with opening up the forum script to allow uploads.

For best results, just e-mail the report exports amongst yourselves if you want to share. Feel free to post messages back and forth here about it.

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

Zorak wrote:There are also security issues with opening up the forum script to allow uploads.

For best results, just e-mail the report exports amongst yourselves if you want to share. Feel free to post messages back and forth here about it.
bowentz,

I don't see an email button on your post. Would you be so kind as to email me with the 2 custom reports you mentioned?

Thanks!
Eden
*Still* learning... and gratefully so!

bowentz

Post by bowentz »

Zorak wrote:There are also security issues with opening up the forum script to allow uploads.

OK, since we aren't going to get any help here--how about a volunteer that has some some space available on an FTP server?? I'm sure there is a creative way to do this on our own...

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bowentz wrote:

OK, since we aren't going to get any help here--how about a volunteer that has some some space available on an FTP server?? I'm sure there is a creative way to do this on our own...
FWIW ... I can't blame the staff at Powerchurch for their security concerns, which (I would think) others would have also.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bowentz

Post by bowentz »

NeilZ wrote:
bowentz wrote:

FWIW ... I can't blame the staff at Powerchurch for their security concerns, which (I would think) others would have also.
I don't want to create any 'security concerns', but their is more than one way to skin this cat..

C3HITServ

sharing report structures and how created instead of libs?

Post by C3HITServ »

Would it be valuable to share HOW you created your report, as much step by step as possible, instead of libraries?

That way each of us would learn in recreating the report. Much as the PC+ tutorial on reports steps one through.

I know, this is more of a load on the author. but it does avoid the security issues.
Cheers de Mark
Mark Smith C3HUU IT Services c3huu_dot_org

John Dykema

Re: Custom Reports Library

Post by John Dykema »

Vote me in on this. I would like to get reports and I think I've got some great reports to give out as well.

donl517

Re: custom reports

Post by donl517 »

wpcoffice wrote:I would love to share custom reports. I have a great one for the church directory that lists the last names, then the parents names, addresses, phone numbers and kids on a separate line and also displays which parish they are in along with deacons names. It has worked great but was pretty difficult to set up. I would like to be able to customize the standard reports and also to see how others et up their custom reports.
This particular post is quite old, not sure if wpcoffice is still around, but if they or someone else has a report similar to this I would really appreciate a copy of it. I just started writing something to do the exact same thing when I decided to check the forum. Any help?

Thanks,
Don

Ruby B

Post by Ruby B »

Has a Custom Reports Library been created? If not, is there still community interest in sharing Custom Reports definitions?

ekwihs

Post by ekwihs »

Was a library of user custom reports ever established. If so I'm interested in participating. ~keith