Exporting children as a column in family mailing

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

koop4us

Exporting children as a column in family mailing

Post by koop4us »

I would like to create excel file that can me used as a mail merge file. In order to have the children of the DOE family available as a merge field they would need to be on the same row as their parents. I would like be able to see each child in a particular family in a column labeled CHILD1, CHILD2... etc. Does anyone have a good idea of how export PowerChurch data to do so?
Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: Exporting children as a column in family mailing

Post by NeilZ »

koop4us wrote:I would like to create excel file that can me used as a mail merge file. In order to have the children of the DOE family available as a merge field they would need to be on the same row as their parents. I would like be able to see each child in a particular family in a column labeled CHILD1, CHILD2... etc. Does anyone have a good idea of how export PowerChurch data to do so?
Thanks.
Don't think that Powerchurch export will put the data on the same row. You may need to do an export to Access tables, then create the extract there, or try putting it together in Custom Reports. However, I think that the export to Access would be easier in the long run as you can then manipulate the parent and child records (speaking database parent/child here) much easier.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

koop4us

Re: Exporting children as a column in family mailing

Post by koop4us »

Thanks NeilZ
I tried multiple routes in the Custom Reports area of PC... guess I'll have to resort to Access.
Bummer