Recognizable Giving

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

S_McEwen

Recognizable Giving

Post by S_McEwen »

The Financial Secretary has asked for a custom report with the following criteria:
Member/Non-member status
Pledge names
Plate names
Regular/Occasional/no recent Attendance
recognizable/non-recognizable giving (both without monetary info)

I have tried looking through the Contributions Reports and Custom reports, and will now admit - I don't have a clue what to do.
The only way we keep track of attendance is through the collection, and then only if they pledge or give a check.
Thank you for any help! :shock:

NeilZ

Re: Recognizable Giving

Post by NeilZ »

S_McEwen wrote:The Financial Secretary has asked for a custom report with the following criteria:
Member/Non-member status
Pledge names
Plate names
Regular/Occasional/no recent Attendance
recognizable/non-recognizable giving (both without monetary info)

I have tried looking through the Contributions Reports and Custom reports, and will now admit - I don't have a clue what to do.
The only way we keep track of attendance is through the collection, and then only if they pledge or give a check.
Thank you for any help! :shock:
Well, without taking attendance using the attendance module, you really can't use the Active Profile report, as that does require the use of attendance.

The next best thing would be to create a custom report to pull what you're looking for. Problem is that Contributions custom reports can not access the giving tables and the pledge tables in the same report. You'd have to make two reports, then merge the data in an Excel spreadsheet or some such.

What does she mean by 'plate' name and 'pledge' name ?? Should I assume that recognizable/non-recognizable giving means deductible and non-deductible ??

FWIW .. those terms really do not mean much to a lot of users.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

S_McEwen

Re: Recognizable Giving

Post by S_McEwen »

I'll try that.
Pledge names - those who promise to give a certain amount for the fiscal year
Plate names - those who give without the commitment

I'm still trying to figure out their terminology here.
Thanks