Shut down / Rebuild

Postby KarinK22 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:53 am

My powerchurch keeps shutting down when I click the F2 button to search for G/L's --
THIS message pops up -- then the program shuts down.
PROGRAM:
FRM_FAENTER.ADDTRANSACTION.OACCTLOOKUP.LOOKUP
LINE: 56
ERROR: 2066
MESSAGE:Index Fil
"\\trinity-fs2\programs\powerchurch\pcpluss11\data\famajor.cdx" tag
"Famajor" is corrupted. Please rebuild it.



I've tried to do a reindexing to see if this will help ... but this message then comes up;
•DATA\FAACCTS-Index file "\\trinity-fs2\programs\powerchurch\pcplus11\data\famajor.cdx" tag "Famajor" is corrupted. Please rebuild it.-547
•DATA\FAMAJOR-File is in use.
•Transaction detail key duplicated
•Transaction detail key duplicated
KarinK22
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Shut down / Rebuild

Postby NeilZ » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:01 pm

KarinK22 wrote:My powerchurch keeps shutting down when I click the F2 button to search for G/L's --
THIS message pops up -- then the program shuts down.
PROGRAM:
FRM_FAENTER.ADDTRANSACTION.OACCTLOOKUP.LOOKUP
LINE: 56
ERROR: 2066
MESSAGE:Index Fil
"\\trinity-fs2\programs\powerchurch\pcpluss11\data\famajor.cdx" tag
"Famajor" is corrupted. Please rebuild it.



I've tried to do a reindexing to see if this will help ... but this message then comes up;
•DATA\FAACCTS-Index file "\\trinity-fs2\programs\powerchurch\pcplus11\data\famajor.cdx" tag "Famajor" is corrupted. Please rebuild it.-547
•DATA\FAMAJOR-File is in use.
•Transaction detail key duplicated
•Transaction detail key duplicated


First off ... is there anyone else using the database? If so, make sure they're all logged out of the program.
Second ... reboot the computer you're using as a server.
Third ... startup PCPlus then immediately go to reindex.

If that doesn't work, you're going to have to call Powerchurch support direct.

Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.
NeilZ
 
Posts: 8905
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA

Re: Shut down / Rebuild

Postby KarinK22 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Thanks.

I have ensured all users are out! ... however -- I went to a different computer and the same issue happened.

I will have our IT guys try to restart the server.

Thanks!
KarinK22
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Shut down / Rebuild

Postby NeilZ » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:44 pm

KarinK22 wrote:Thanks.

I have ensured all users are out! ... however -- I went to a different computer and the same issue happened.

I will have our IT guys try to restart the server.

Thanks!


As I mentioned, you would have to reboot the computer used as a server as it is where the file is residing, I would then run Powerchurch on the server (if possible) to run the Reindex.

Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.
NeilZ
 
Posts: 8905
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA

Re: Shut down / Rebuild

Postby KarinK22 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:59 pm

our IT guys rebuilt ONLY the corrupt file from a previous backup :)

All fixed now!
KarinK22
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Shut down / Rebuild

Postby NeilZ » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:25 pm

KarinK22 wrote:our IT guys rebuilt ONLY the corrupt file from a previous backup :)

All fixed now!


Karin,

its is NOT a good idea to only restore ONE file in a database. If you're going to restore you really need to restore the entire database. This is why we STRONGLY advise that you use the built-in Powerchurch backup system.

Using that you can backup the entire database or just Membership or Accounting. If someone changed something today, but you restored a related database file from yesterday, you could have mismatched data, or other issues.

I'm glad to hear it worked out, but don't rely on that in the future.

In addition, you should do another reindex of the database NOW to make sure that the index has been rebuilt. Again, relying on an index that was last used the day of the backup (which could have been yesterday, or last week) can throw your entire database off.

Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.
NeilZ
 
Posts: 8905
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA