Calculating Sums of columns

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wms7328

Calculating Sums of columns

Post by wms7328 »

I have a report that gives the expenses for current month, YTD totals and Annual Budget sorted by sub account number. At the end of each subaccount it calculates the total for each of these columns. However, for the YTD totals it doesn't print out the cents, example $200.77 will print as $200.00. It keeps the cents for the current month totals OK. Can't see where there are any difference in report layout for the two columns.

Thanks for any help.

wms7328

Re: Calculating Sums of columns

Post by wms7328 »

I just changed one of my budgets to include cents, we normally just budget in whole dollars. The custom report referenced in previous post also does not print out the cents for the annual budget column. So, the only column that calculates the totals to include cents is the first one listed, the other columns only print out in whole dollars.

Any ideas??

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:I just changed one of my budgets to include cents, we normally just budget in whole dollars. The custom report referenced in previous post also does not print out the cents for the annual budget column. So, the only column that calculates the totals to include cents is the first one listed, the other columns only print out in whole dollars.

Any ideas??
Did you create variables to sum the columns, or are you using built-in variables?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

I'm using the built in variables that says sum. It's doing the first column correctly but then for the next two columns it drops the cents.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Double click on the output field in the report designer. Click on the Format tab and choose numeric. Then enter 9,999,999.99 (or however big of a number you are expecting) in the Format Expression field. Don't add the commas if you don't want the thousand separator.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

Thanks that solved the issue. I knew it was something simple just couldn't figure out what.