Putting Dates on Custom Reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gtackett

Putting Dates on Custom Reports

Post by gtackett »

I have created a custom report and I want to put dates on the report. If I am running a report for an expense report thru the month of May, I would like some text on the print out to read something like:

May Monthly Expense Report

or

Monthly Expense Report
May, 2005

Something like that. I see that there is a DATE() function in the lower left hand corner and PAGE # in the lower right hand corner of the custom reports, so I figure there is something like this. At the first window to custom reports you have to put in a date range for the reports. If I put in April, 2005 thru May, 2005, how do I get these dates into my report? I want to be able to do this even if I am running the report in July. In other words, I don't care when the report is run, I care about the dates associated with the data in the report.

On a similar note, is there a list of system variables (and their definitions).

Thanks.
Garland Tackett, Director of Administration
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

PamTof

Variables

Post by PamTof »

I have been looking for system variables too, and finally found out that this is all done in FOXPRO. So you can go the the following website, it's a bit tedious to search, but it gives all the available variables, I've used it for a few reports and had good luck!!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... ctions.asp

It gives all of the functions for FOXPRO.

Good luck with your reports!! :D

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

I looked at these functions but it really doesn't help. It is the proverbial "needle in a haystack". I looked thru all the Date and Time functions but those return values based on the current time and date. I think what I need is a fundtion that is able to spit out the date variable used to generate the report.

When you go into Custom Reports, there is a pop up window that asks you for a date range on the reports. I assume that this beginning and ending date is stored in two or more separate variables.

Here's what I want: If I am generating some custom reports for the month of May, 2005, I want "May, 2005" to show up on my report.

I think I need some help from PC on this issue.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

I stumbled upon an answer in another, unrelated thread. I have not tried it out yet but thought I would post here since it is closer to my thread title:

Cmonth is a function that returns the character month of a date expression. For example CMONTH(DATE(2005,6,1)) will return "June."

Let me start by saying custom reports in fund accounting can be very difficult. You are limited to very simple reports. We have hundreds of lines of code we use to create things like the balance sheet and income & expense statements. Trying to recreate those reports in the custom reports is not practical.

That said though, I assume you are looking for the month range that was entered when going in to the custom reports in fund accounting. Those months are stored as a two fiscal month objects and I just checked are still in scope during the report layout.

1. Add a field object to the report layout.
2. In the expression enter the following:
Code:
m.pofrom.getchardate() + ' - ' + m.poto.getchardate()

If you added the field object to the title band, you should now have the text like "January 2005 - June 2005" on the top of your report. Keep in mind this is a very advanced topic and because you are referencing internal variables in the program, this may change in future version of PowerChurch Plus.

Using PC+ Ver 10.4