Partial Year Contributions

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PamTof

Partial Year Contributions

Post by PamTof »

We are trying to write a report that shows amount given against the amount pledged so far for the year, with no names, just envelope numbers. The only way that I could come up with to do it is to use the WEEK function like so:

((WEEK(DATE())*7)/365)*the total pledge amount

That gives me a close percentage to how far through the year we are, but is not something that someone who isn't pretty experienced with some sort of programming/db languages is likely to come up with. The people that will be running these programs in the future are not experienced in either EXCEL or other database programming or FOXPRO. I managed to figure that formula out with help from the FOXPRO help site.

I know that one of the built-in reports uses the pledged-to-date information (the contribution statements report). Is there another way to access that variable, so that when I'm showing someone how to do this, they will not have to write formulas to get that number. I have written a report that shows, by envelope # only, what percentage of pledge has been paid to date, and just want to leave it in the easiest to maintain condition that I can.

Thanks.

P.S. Sounds like a lot of programmers/db programmers are using this tool and trying to get in-depth reports!!!!! - Maybe an advanced programming tutorial or even a class would help! :?: