Changing "Phone Type" in Reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fpcmountvernon

Changing "Phone Type" in Reports

Post by fpcmountvernon »

I am running a report for Activities and Skills and want to change the phone type from Work Phone to Cell Phone. How can I do this?

NeilZ

Re: Changing "Phone Type" in Reports

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmountvernon wrote:I am running a report for Activities and Skills and want to change the phone type from Work Phone to Cell Phone. How can I do this?
Are you talking about a custom report you created, or one of the standard reports? I ask this as you've posted in the custom report topic.

Standard reports normally cannot be changed. There are some reports where you can select which phone number is used, but I'm assuming that the one you're trying to use does not give you that option.

If you're talking about a custom report, you can select that phone number from the list of data items you're given to use.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpcmountvernon

Post by fpcmountvernon »

NeilZ wrote:
fpcmountvernon wrote:I am running a report for Activities and Skills and want to change the phone type from Work Phone to Cell Phone. How can I do this?
Are you talking about a custom report you created, or one of the standard reports? I ask this as you've posted in the custom report topic.

Standard reports normally cannot be changed. There are some reports where you can select which phone number is used, but I'm assuming that the one you're trying to use does not give you that option.

If you're talking about a custom report, you can select that phone number from the list of data items you're given to use.
Actually, I am using a Standard Report. I suppose I need to learn about and create a custom report for this, right?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmountvernon wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

Actually, I am using a Standard Report. I suppose I need to learn about and create a custom report for this, right?
Depends, exactly what are you trying to do? See the cell phone listed on the report? Which report is it?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.