Still getting blank lines

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gtackett

Still getting blank lines

Post by gtackett »

I'm working on a report and am trying to eliminate blank lines. In the Detail Seciton of a Summary report I have eleven (11) fields. In each of thse fields I have the following expression in the 'Print only when expression is true:" field of the Print When window:

sum_annualbud <>0

I have used this expression for all eleven fields in the Detail section. I have also checked the "Remove line if blank" box for each of the eleven fields.

The reason I am doing all of this is becuase I don't want to print lines in the report if I haven't budget money for that particular account.

The problem is that I continue to get blank lines. I could send a .pdf file showing the report if that would help.
Garland Tackett, Director of Administration
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Overlapping boxes or lines may cause this behavior.
Tracy

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

I don't think it is overlapping boxes or lines. I'll get a line of data and then I will get a blank line all the way across the page. The condition seems to be working (because it gets rid of the zeros), but the blank line is not going away. Is there any way I could send you the .pdf file? I think it would explain a bunch.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

I know the behavior, the results of the report won't help. If you do not have fields touching top/bottom and no box or line around the fields in the band, seeing the custom report might shed some clue. Contact technical support if you want to send anything in.
Tracy

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Make sure the band is not set to constant band height. That could leave the extra space you are seeing too.

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

All eleven (11) fields are on the same row. There are no fields above or below each other. I have used the alignment functions to have the bottom of all fields on the same line.

There are no boxes or lines around the fields in the Detail Section.

The band height for the Detail section is NOT set to constant band height.

What is the best way to contact tech support?
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Well ... you've done some of it here, as Jeff & Tracy are PC+ developers. The other method is to call, here's the info on that:

Remember, you can also reach our Technical Support Department by telephone at (800) 486-1800, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM eastern time. Technical Support is a paid service of PowerChurch Software. Current support prices are $25 per incident or $99 for a six-month support contact.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.