Block certain info in Photo Directory?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

unityofdayton

Block certain info in Photo Directory?

Post by unityofdayton »

We are planning to print a photo directory of members. We gave our members the option to opt in or out on certain information, such as phone number, email, etc.

So I need to block certain info for some members. If I click "Unlisted" I assume that would make that unlisted when we print our main directory just for office use. Is there a way to bypass the "unlisted" entries when printing for our own use, or is there a better way to do this entirely?

What I'm really trying to avoid is having to edit certain info in or out, because we want to update the directory every few months.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

NeilZ

Re: Block certain info in Photo Directory?

Post by NeilZ »

unityofdayton wrote:We are planning to print a photo directory of members. We gave our members the option to opt in or out on certain information, such as phone number, email, etc.

So I need to block certain info for some members. If I click "Unlisted" I assume that would make that unlisted when we print our main directory just for office use. Is there a way to bypass the "unlisted" entries when printing for our own use, or is there a better way to do this entirely?

What I'm really trying to avoid is having to edit certain info in or out, because we want to update the directory every few months.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
If you do not check the Print unlisted phone numbers and email addresses box when creating the directory from the Report Options window, if you have emails or phone numbers that are SET as unlisted in the Family Mailing List or Personal Profile , they will not appear. If you don't have that information marked as unlisted in the profiles, the data WILL appear no matter what.

When you print the directory for your OWN use, you just check the box and all that data will appear.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

unityofdayton

Post by unityofdayton »

Yes, that helps a LOT! I think that's the perfect solution and somehow I missed that option.

Thank you so much!

Here's a follow-up question if you might know the answer:
Is there a way to make an entire family "un-listed" in this way, so that they won't show up in the public directory but they will still show up if we print for office use?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

unityofdayton wrote:Yes, that helps a LOT! I think that's the perfect solution and somehow I missed that option.

Thank you so much!

Here's a follow-up question if you might know the answer:
Is there a way to make an entire family "un-listed" in this way, so that they won't show up in the public directory but they will still show up if we print for office use?
You know, I've been thinking about this more. And realized I may have made some assumptions that may cause a problem.

I've assumed that you're going to use the standard Church Directory report, and click the Show Pictures checkbox. That report will NEVER print the unlisted information AT ALL, and it doesn't give you any options.

The office has other directory options, but none of them give you all the info (listed and unlisted) and a picture. If the office has need of pictures with the names, then that's an issue.

As far as unlisted a whole family .. it would depend on whether they are members or not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.