Modifying Custom Check Layout

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dishman2000

Modifying Custom Check Layout

Post by dishman2000 »

I had to modify the Custom Check layout because it was printing the check number where the date was supposed to be and the date was being printed on the "To..." line on the check and while I was doing that I wanted to change the info that went on the check stubs that we give to the recipient and the one we keep in the office. It seems to print the amount of the check twice on the middle section to the right and prints "Total Check Amount" in the center of the middle section. When I selected those items, I couldn't find the field that I thought would simply have a text string in it that printed "Total Check Amount". it appears to be the "Desc2" field, but I don't see where it is set to just type out a "heading" or "text". Wasn't there a book for Custom Reports, or was that just in the back of the PowerChurch Manual? I haven't modified a custom report in so long I may be totally off base.

Jay Wood

dishman2000

Re: Modifying Custom Check Layout

Post by dishman2000 »

I thought I had asked this before, but can't find my original question. We use "3 part checks" that are perforated and we save the bottom third to attach to a requisition for accountability of an "approved expenditure". I would like to be able to have the check stub portions (even if it's on both) to print out the fund accounting info - the accounts that were used for the expense (wouldn't have to list the checking account since I know that asset account was "credited" because of payment). It would help the Treasurer look at reports on accounts used for expenses without having a separate report. I thought I asked and was told that you could MOVE fields around on a "custom check", but not ADD fields to it, but that was several years ago. Just seems like an easier way to see what accounts were used since the data will be unposted for a time.

Seems like a good idea to be able to "customize" a check layout that i could add fields to...

NeilZ

Re: Modifying Custom Check Layout

Post by NeilZ »

dishman2000 wrote:I thought I had asked this before, but can't find my original question. We use "3 part checks" that are perforated and we save the bottom third to attach to a requisition for accountability of an "approved expenditure". I would like to be able to have the check stub portions (even if it's on both) to print out the fund accounting info - the accounts that were used for the expense (wouldn't have to list the checking account since I know that asset account was "credited" because of payment). It would help the Treasurer look at reports on accounts used for expenses without having a separate report. I thought I asked and was told that you could MOVE fields around on a "custom check", but not ADD fields to it, but that was several years ago. Just seems like an easier way to see what accounts were used since the data will be unposted for a time.
Seems like a good idea to be able to "customize" a check layout that i could add fields to...
Well .. V12 does allow you to have the accounting info print on the 'bottom' check stub instead of the middle part of the check. I just tested it, and it does work.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.