Query - Two or more modules

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

WPC Munster

Query - Two or more modules

Post by WPC Munster »

Can one write a query that obtains data from two or more modules? For instance, write a query that accesses data from the Membership module and the Contribution module.

NeilZ

Re: Query - Two or more modules

Post by NeilZ »

WPC Munster wrote:Can one write a query that obtains data from two or more modules? For instance, write a query that accesses data from the Membership module and the Contribution module.
Yes, to a point. What are you trying to put together?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

WPC Munster

Post by WPC Munster »

NeilZ wrote:
WPC Munster wrote:Can one write a query that obtains data from two or more modules? For instance, write a query that accesses data from the Membership module and the Contribution module.
I'm putting together a report that will contain certain Family data, Profile data, Attendance data, and Contribution data. I can get the Family, Profile, & Attendance data in one query in the Membership module. And I can get the data I want in the Contribution module with a separate query. However, then I have to sit down and using the two reports come up, manually, with the special report I need. I have over 600 line items to review. Tedious to say the least. None of the P/C canned reports fits my need for this specific project.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

WPC Munster wrote:
NeilZ wrote:
I'm putting together a report that will contain certain Family data, Profile data, Attendance data, and Contribution data. I can get the Family, Profile, & Attendance data in one query in the Membership module. And I can get the data I want in the Contribution module with a separate query. However, then I have to sit down and using the two reports come up, manually, with the special report I need. I have over 600 line items to review. Tedious to say the least. None of the P/C canned reports fits my need for this specific project.
If you're looking for a report to tell you who has attended and given, there are two available under the Personal Profile reports. The Active Profile report lists everyone who has given and/or attended during a specified period, and the Non-Active Profile report which will list who as NOT attended and/or given during a specified period.

If there's anything else you want you would have to export the database to Access tables, and use access to create the report as you can't access the attendance and the contribution databases using a custom report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

WPC Munster

Post by WPC Munster »

Thanks for response. Canned reports don't quite cover what I'm looking for. Will look at your suggestion using Export / Access method. Again Thanks.