Custom report with 'memo' result

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Lynn

Custom report with 'memo' result

Post by Lynn »

Hi, I am trying to get a custom report from Activities that includes Allergies but when I export it the field just states 'memo' instead of the actual data.
Also, I would like the Notes field from Personal Profile/Notes&Codes to be an export field - is that possible?

NeilZ

Re: Custom report with 'memo' result

Post by NeilZ »

Lynn wrote:Hi, I am trying to get a custom report from Activities that includes Allergies but when I export it the field just states 'memo' instead of the actual data.
Also, I would like the Notes field from Personal Profile/Notes&Codes to be an export field - is that possible?
Are you using Powerchurch custom reports, as you say you're 'exporting' the field. If you select the field as part of the report it will appear in any printed report, and should appear in any exported text files.

As far as the notes field, it is available as Profile Notes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom report with 'memo' result

Post by Zorak »

The unlimited notes fields (memo fields in the database) can be included in printed reports, but aren't able to be included in file exports. That goes for files created from under Export Data or in Custom Reports. Unfortunately, it is a limitation that we don't have any control over. The Export to Access utility is the only way to get that info exported into a file.