Emailing Reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Emailing Reports

Post by dadcowell »

Is it possible to set up email groups?

For example, I have four pairs of counters who rotate counting and depositing weekly tithes. I would like them to email the "Funds Report" for the week to the same group each week and the "Unposted Contributions Report" to another group each week. The people in the groups would not change each week. The types of reports would not change each week. The reports content would change each week reflecting the weekly receipts.

Put another way, is it possible to standardize the groups of email recipients and the report types?

Bill

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Emailing Reports

Post by Zorak »

Since e-mailing from the screen preview of a report allows you to select members of an activity, you could set up activities called "Email Funds Report" and "Email Unposted Contributions", adding the necessary people as members of those groups. That should be fairly easy to explain to the counters.

dadcowell

Post by dadcowell »

Thanks Zorak,
That is a good idea that might do the trick. As a follow-up question, when I try to send the email, I get a message that tells me that my recipients don't have email addresses.

They all have addresses in their personal profiles. What am I missing?

Bill

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:Thanks Zorak,
That is a good idea that might do the trick. As a follow-up question, when I try to send the email, I get a message that tells me that my recipients don't have email addresses.

They all have addresses in their personal profiles. What am I missing?

Bill
Do you have the boxes checked on the Personal Profiles to allow bulk emails ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dadcowell

Post by dadcowell »

Neil,
Yup, that was the answer. Working just fine now. Thanks for the tip and help.

Bill