Export of Custom Reports fails

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

DickH

Export of Custom Reports fails

Post by DickH »

I am still using PCP 11.1 . I have discovered that the utility to export custom reports no longer works for me. I get an error box that says "DynaZIP ZIP error Nothing to do", which seems to imply that my selections are being ignored. Has anyone else seen this error?

The PCP12 demo does work for me, but I am reluctant to spend money to bypass what seems to be a fixable bug. I have also tried a complete re-install of the 11.1 program and a temporary turn off of my AV, but nothing changes.

NeilZ

Re: Export of Custom Reports fails

Post by NeilZ »

DickH wrote:I am still using PCP 11.1 . I have discovered that the utility to export custom reports no longer works for me. I get an error box that says "DynaZIP ZIP error Nothing to do", which seems to imply that my selections are being ignored. Has anyone else seen this error?

The PCP12 demo does work for me, but I am reluctant to spend money to bypass what seems to be a fixable bug. I have also tried a complete re-install of the 11.1 program and a temporary turn off of my AV, but nothing changes.
Are you networked if so, is this on the 'server' computer? What version of Windows.

FWIW .. .upgrading to v12.2 is good value as it has added functionality, along with improvements in many reports and displays.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

DickH

Post by DickH »

NeilZ wrote:
DickH wrote:I am still using PCP 11.1 . I have discovered that the utility to export custom reports no longer works for me. I get an error box that says "DynaZIP ZIP error Nothing to do", which seems to imply that my selections are being ignored. Has anyone else seen this error?

Are you networked if so, is this on the 'server' computer? What version of Windows.

FWIW .. .upgrading to v12.2 is good value as it has added functionality, along with improvements in many reports and displays.
Windows 10-1903; there is a family network, but PowerChurch is only on this computer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

DickH wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

Windows 10-1903; there is a family network, but PowerChurch is only on this computer.
OK ... it may be that something was overwritten when you got the latest WIndows update. Head to the \Powerchurch\PCPLUS11\install directory and run the netsetup11.exe file. This usually fixes many issues as it reinstalls some of the required .dll files
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

DickH

Post by DickH »

NeilZ wrote:

Windows 10-1903; there is a family network, but PowerChurch is only on this computer.[/quote]

OK ... it may be that something was overwritten when you got the latest WIndows update. Head to the \Powerchurch\PCPLUS11\install directory and run the netsetup11.exe file. This usually fixes many issues as it reinstalls some of the required .dll files[/quote]

I tried your suggestion, but still get the same error message.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

DickH wrote:I tried your suggestion, but still get the same error message.
OK ... I'll flag this for techs to look at.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Newer versions of PowerChurch Plus have replaced the old DynaZip control, so that's one reason it doesn't error in Version 12.

Version 11 isn't under maintenance anymore, so if it was a bug, it wouldn't be fixed. However, from an online search, it looks like the DynaZip controls show that message if there is a space in the file path you choose. Try pointing to a directory that doesn't have a space in the path and see if you are able to save the file without getting that message.