hot keys

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rengeljn

hot keys

Post by rengeljn »

Help! Maintain Personal Profiles, tabs for Profile Information, Dates & codes & Picture etc - the hot keys don't work - ex: Dates & codes - S is underlined and I assumed is a hot key. When I type alt-s it takes me to the the date screen but goes to the top for "Add". The other hot keys are inconsistent in usage.

What is the secret?
Thanks,
Judy

NeilZ

Re: hot keys

Post by NeilZ »

rengeljn wrote:Help! Maintain Personal Profiles, tabs for Profile Information, Dates & codes & Picture etc - the hot keys don't work - ex: Dates & codes - S is underlined and I assumed is a hot key. When I type alt-s it takes me to the the date screen but goes to the top for "Add". The other hot keys are inconsistent in usage.

What is the secret?
Thanks,
Judy
Well .. they do work, sorta. However, for them to work you will have had your cursor in a block on the current tab, or clicked your mouse there, or just tabed down to there.

Even though the hot key will get to you the tab, the 'cursor' is not moved there, but is actually situated on the 'Add' button as you noticed. This may have gotten past the beta testers, or something like that.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.