How to display the "Ask Later" values on the repor

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mikalw

How to display the "Ask Later" values on the repor

Post by mikalw »

I'd like to print on the report the values collected from the user when the report is started. Is there any way to access these values?

Thanks,
Mikal Wyman
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Birmingham, AL
205-567-8657

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

"Ask Later" display

Post by Zaphod »

You won't have an output field labeled "Ask Later Result" or anything like that. But, if you include the field used in your query filter as an output field, that should do what you're needing. For instance, if you're entering Personal Status at runtime, then choose Personal Status as an output field, and it will be the same thing as the filter option.

Hopefully, that helps. Thanks!
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

mikalw

Post by mikalw »

Thanks Zaphod,

But what I really need is to be able to add to the Title Band of the report some indication of the parameters used to formulate the report. An example is a report I just built that collects Quarterly Payroll Report info and displays totals needed for 941 and state tax reporting. It prompts the user for the dates of the report, but it would be nice to show these dates in the report title so the printed report captures which Quarter's data was queried. An alternative would be to allow the user to input a supplement to the report title as is done on many of the reports supplied with PowerChurch. That would also be beneficial. From your response it doesn't sound like either of these alternatives is possible.

I'm open to other creative ideas. One I've thought of is to use variables to capture minimum and maximum dates and make some assumptions/extrapolations to figure the quarter. The drawback to this is that I think it will only find the actual pay dates and not the entire date range. In other words if no payments are made in a given month I couldn't tell the report queried for payments in that month. However, in the absence of any other alternative I will see what I can do with that.

Thanks,
Mikal Wyman
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Birmingham, AL
205-567-8657

Zada
Tech Support
Tech Support

reply to Mikal

Post by Zada »

Mikal,

You are right, there isn't a field or variable that you can use to show what data range you run a custom report for or exactly the query used for the report. You would have to create a label and then change that each time the report is ran to show the changes in the query. I have noted this to Program Development but I don't if they can find a way around this. So at this point I don't have any other ideas to offer you on that point.

Zada :lol: