My Own Membership Master Custom Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jmichell

My Own Membership Master Custom Report

Post by jmichell »

Hi folks.
I want to create a Membership Master report that leaves out the fields we're not using, so my members won't get confused and write in a bunch of information we don't want. (Who visits, moved from etc.)
Is there a place where I the standard reports (in particular the Membership Master Report) so I can simply modify that report instead of starting from scratch? It sure would help!
John Michell
Unitarian Church of Calgary

NeilZ

Re: My Own Membership Master Custom Report

Post by NeilZ »

jmichell wrote:Hi folks.
I want to create a Membership Master report that leaves out the fields we're not using, so my members won't get confused and write in a bunch of information we don't want. (Who visits, moved from etc.)
Is there a place where I the standard reports (in particular the Membership Master Report) so I can simply modify that report instead of starting from scratch? It sure would help!
In a word .. nope !!

What we did was create a form based on what we want to add or verify in the database, create a bunch of labels, one for an envelope, one to stick on the form.

Then we mailed them off, and asked that they be returned with the data all filled out. Then we verified against the database using the updates they gave.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jmichell

Re: My Own Membership Master Custom Report

Post by jmichell »

NeilZ wrote:In a word .. nope !!
Dang.
How can I list the family record first and then the family members, as is done in the Membership Master report?
John Michell

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

You'll need to use grouping on the report to do that. You'll group by the family, and the detail area will be information about each family member. Take a look at this example: http://www.powerchurch.com/support/answ ... icle_id=25. It's not *exactly* what you're looking for, but it should point you in the right direction. Couple that with the information in the manual, and you should be on your way.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

jmichell

Confirmation reports for tagged families

Post by jmichell »

Zaphod wrote:You'll need to use grouping on the report to do that. You'll group by the family, and the detail area will be information about each family member. Take a look at this example: http://www.powerchurch.com/support/answ ... icle_id=25. It's not *exactly* what you're looking for, but it should point you in the right direction. Couple that with the information in the manual, and you should be on your way.
OK I've created my confirmation report (looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself) and we sent each family's page to them for confirmation.
Now we want to be able to print confirmation pages for any family that requests it. (Typically we would do this with a new family, or one which has moved, to confirm we got their data correct.)
Three issues:
1. I'd like to be able to keep the custom report as it is and just change the filter so that report is created just for tagged families. Is that possible, or do I have to make a copy of the report and change the filter?
2. I have tagged three families, and then run a report using the filter "Tagged Families is not an empty field". All family records were selected. How come?
3. Is there a way that I can email the result of this report? Say I tag 10 families' records and run the report - can I send each family only their page of the report as an attachment to an automatically generated email message?
Not asking much, am I?
Thanks.
John
John Michell

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The "Tagged" field is a Y or N field.

"Tagged" exactly matches Y will do what you want!

Also, you can make a copy of the report easily, so one copy can be the original "All" families, the second copy is the "Tagged" families only. From the query list manager, where you first see the list of each of your queries, select the original report and click the Copy button. Type in the new name, and make the changes.

jmichell

Emailing individual pages

Post by jmichell »

Thanks for that reponse Zorak.
What about emailing the individual pages to the families they reference? Is that possible? I know i can do that with a Word mail merge.
John Michell

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you can do that in Word, then I think that you could change the report Output Type to ASCII text, comma delimited, then use that as the data source for a Word mail merge. In the PowerChurch Plus Custom Report Writer, there is not a built-in way to e-mail reports.

gloryhill

No results found

Post by gloryhill »

I followed this example to the letter, or think I did, but when I ran the query, it said no records found that met criteria.
Robin, secretary
Gloryhill Cowboy Church
Valdosta, GA

gloryhill

membership master birthdate error

Post by gloryhill »

I finally was able to get the query to run but it won't complete because birthdate code used is not found. What next?
Robin, secretary
Gloryhill Cowboy Church
Valdosta, GA