All Activities and Skills for specific group of Profiles

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Joetta Trimble

All Activities and Skills for specific group of Profiles

Post by Joetta Trimble »

I posted this question in the Membership section of Forum several weeks ago and have had no response. I'll try the Custom Reports section and see if there's an answer out there!

We use PC+ v. 9. Is there a way to print a selected group of profiles and show all of each individual's activities and skills? We have a group of new members who filled out our survey, and the data has been entered, and I would like to print a report showing all their names with a listing of each person's various activities (we have a "willing to serve" section of activities). Then I could hand the list to the nominating committee, or the chairs of the various committees who could be needing someone with those particular interests. It would make it easier to assimilate the new members into the life of the church.

Thanks for any help!
Joetta

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

How do you need to select the group of profiles? Are you selecting by a code under personal profiles or the registered date in family mailing list, or some other way?

Joetta Trimble

Activities and Skills for a specific group

Post by Joetta Trimble »

Jeff,

I used one of our user-defined dates in Profiles, "Date Joined."
Joetta

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I've got one that I use, its not pretty as far as the output, but that can be adjusted:

All I use is this:

(Date Joined is greater than or equal to (date to be entered later)) and
(Skill Number between and YYY)

The and YYY are the numbers where we set up our 'activities'. The output, as I said is not pretty, as I've not taken the time to eliminate the name repeating itself on each line, etc.

However, I suspect Jeff will have some better ideas.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Joetta Trimble

Post by Joetta Trimble »

Thanks, Neil. I'll try this. It doesn't necessarily have to be pretty! Just so the information is there.
Joetta

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

I don't have anything more than what Neil has suggested. With the code to select your group in the Personal Profiles table, it should be a fairly straight forward selection. What I was afraid of was you wanted to get all the activities for just people in a specified activity, that is near impossible to do in the report writer and requires some fairly complex formulas.