Use an existing (default) report as a template/starting point for a custom report?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

James Oxford

Use an existing (default) report as a template/starting point for a custom report?

Post by James Oxford »

I'm using 12.2 on the most current (I think) Maintenance Release.

I'd like to modify the existing "Funds Report" so that it also includes a breakdown of contribution type (check/cash/online). I'm not looking to get the breakdown per fund, just hoping to append the breakdown below the existing report fields/data.

Is there a way to modify the existing report? If not, can anyone help me create the custom report? Once I create the custom report, how do I add it to the Quick Tasks menu?

NeilZ

Re: Use an existing (default) report as a template/starting point for a custom report?

Post by NeilZ »

James Oxford wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:33 am
I'm using 12.2 on the most current (I think) Maintenance Release.

I'd like to modify the existing "Funds Report" so that it also includes a breakdown of contribution type (check/cash/online). I'm not looking to get the breakdown per fund, just hoping to append the breakdown below the existing report fields/data.

Is there a way to modify the existing report? If not, can anyone help me create the custom report? Once I create the custom report, how do I add it to the Quick Tasks menu?
I don't believe using an existing report as a starting point to customize it is available. I believe it has to do with the way one is created vs. the way the user report writer shows available data items.

FWIW ... there is a report that can show that breakdown, look at the Totals by Payment Method report. You can select the time period you want to view from today (when the report is run), a day you select, a week period, month, etc.

This can easily be added to Quick Tasks using the normal add item method in QT.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

James Oxford

Re: Use an existing (default) report as a template/starting point for a custom report?

Post by James Oxford »

You’re right. I did find the separate report, but that’s an extra step for counters who are not all PC savvy. I’m hoping to get both reports combined into one. I’ve emailed this feature request as suggested in another post.

Does this forum have a getting started post to provide a quick tutorial on creating custom reports?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

James Oxford wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:09 pm
You’re right. I did find the separate report, but that’s an extra step for counters who are not all PC savvy. I’m hoping to get both reports combined into one. I’ve emailed this feature request as suggested in another post.

Does this forum have a getting started post to provide a quick tutorial on creating custom reports?
On the main Powerchurch page, head to the SUPPORT menu -> Knowledgebase and search on Custom Reports.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There are custom report examples here:

https://www.powerchurch.com/customreports/examples/

And an online training video series available for purchase at https://www.powerchurch.com/training/videos