Once a year accounting report for the national church

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

OhBeWan

Once a year accounting report for the national church

Post by OhBeWan »

The national church wants an income statement of 16 lines. They want all funds combined. Many/most accounts will be combined in a line called "All other operating expenses." I could export the data into a spreadsheet and do some sort of pivot table, once I manually identify which line item it goes to. Or I could print out the trial balance and type the values into a spreadsheet.

Best practice would be to design a custom report that put each account in the line where it belonged, for purposes of this report. To do this, I would need a free field. For example, I have determined that account 01-5150-001 goes on line 14. 02-5301-014 goes to line 13. If I had a free field, I could code 14 and 13 in the respective account.

I started to play with custom reports and do not see such a field. I had my eye on "Notes" but do not see any ability to filter or sort by "Notes." Anyone else solved this problem?

Another observation: Not interested in completely redoing chart of accounts to generate this once a year report.

OhBeWan

Re: Once a year accounting report for the national church

Post by OhBeWan »

I have worked with Custom Reports a little more. I can include "Notes" in the report but anything in there shows up as "Memo" instead of the value I entered. In the case of account 5622, I entered "17".

Have requested this as a "Wish List" kind of thing. Also requested that they open up the databases (in a secure kind of way) so I can access the databases directly with my own report writer, such as MS SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel, Microsoft SRSS, etc.

NeilZ

Re: Once a year accounting report for the national church

Post by NeilZ »

OhBeWan wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:56 am
I have worked with Custom Reports a little more. I can include "Notes" in the report but anything in there shows up as "Memo" instead of the value I entered. In the case of account 5622, I entered "17".

Have requested this as a "Wish List" kind of thing. Also requested that they open up the databases (in a secure kind of way) so I can access the databases directly with my own report writer, such as MS SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel, Microsoft SRSS, etc.
Powerchurch does give you the capability to export the tables to Access tables. Look under the Utilities menu -> Export to Access MDB
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.