Use Field from Attendance in Activities/Skills

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Lee L

Use Field from Attendance in Activities/Skills

Post by Lee L »

Is there any way to show an attendance date in an Activities/Skills custom report? Or alternatively, use the Skill Level, Interest Level, and Years Experience fields in an Attendance custom report? I am using these fields to indicate whether paperwork has been received for child safety training, and need to also show the most recent training attended.
Thanks so much!
Lee L

NeilZ

Re: Use Field from Attendance in Activities/Skills

Post by NeilZ »

Lee L wrote:Is there any way to show an attendance date in an Activities/Skills custom report? Or alternatively, use the Skill Level, Interest Level, and Years Experience fields in an Attendance custom report? I am using these fields to indicate whether paperwork has been received for child safety training, and need to also show the most recent training attended.
Thanks so much!
Lee L
Unless the data item shows up in the list shown when you start creating the report, you can't access it. Do you have a date item open on the personal profile ?? That would be a good location for both items. Its what we did at my previous church.

1. A blank date meant no training or paperwork.
2. A filled date showed that they were trained, and the paperwork is on file.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Lee L

Post by Lee L »

Thanks for the suggestion. I see I forgot to give vital info, such as version 9 and WinXP, but it looks as though the specific thing I was hoping to do is not possible anyway.
In your old church, Neil, did you have a way to indicate that someone had been trained but hadn't yet submitted their paperwork?
Thanks again!
Lee L

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Lee L wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I see I forgot to give vital info, such as version 9 and WinXP, but it looks as though the specific thing I was hoping to do is not possible anyway.
In your old church, Neil, did you have a way to indicate that someone had been trained but hadn't yet submitted their paperwork?
Thanks again!
Lee L
The Christian Ed Director held the certificate of training until all the paperwork (background check, etc) was back at the church office. Then the date of training was entered into the system.

When the date was entered it signified that ALL requirements had been fulfilled. A blank date meant that something was missing (paperwork or training). Unless there is a need to track the date of the paperwork (annual check or paperwork review), I see no need to require that that date be saved anywhere.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.