Storing pictures on server

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MTZDetroit

Storing pictures on server

Post by MTZDetroit »

I am trying to create a custom report under Personal Profiles which includes a picture. The indivudual pictures were imported into PCPLUS and automatically routed to the stored on the server. Now, if we run any canned reports with pictures the pictures are pulled into the report. But our custom report does not pull the pictures. Instead, we get an error stating INVALID PATH OR FILE NAME. I can see that the path is incorrect but I do not know how to change it.
Help please?

megs

Custom report pictures not working

Post by megs »

I'm having the same problem. The path to the actual picture (in my case) should look like this:
F:\PowerChurch Plus 9\Data\Pictures\0000400.jpg
Instead, the report shows this:
F:F:\PowerChurch Plus 9\Data\Pictures\NOPHOTO2.JPG

The drive letter is added twice and it shows the file name of the picture that is displayed when there is no photo entered, but I've entered a photo! Like in the last post, the pictures show up fine in the reports that come with PowerChurch, just not the custom reports. Any suggestions? :?
~Megs

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We are seeing the same behavior here. It was something that somehow was broken without really being touched in the 10/05/2006 Maintenance Release. This issue has been documented, fixed, and is waiting for the next version 9 Maintenance Release, which should be posted soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

megs

Thanks

Post by megs »

Thanks for the response Zorak. Now I won't spend time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. :)
~Megs

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is a Maintenance Release dated 12/7/2006 up on the web site now that will fix this issue for you. Sorry for the delay!

We will be having another MR soon, so an *official* notice will be sent out at that time.

megs

still can't add picture

Post by megs »

We're getting closer, but I still have issues...
I downloaded the maintenace release and my report now displays the correct path for the picture files, however when I try to add the actual picture to my report using the field I get an error message:
-------------------------------
Error
PROGRAM:QM_RTYPE
LINE:3000
ERROR:1913
-------------------------------
The program then shuts itself down.
~Megs

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Right. Pictures need to be included in the report having the field name "family_picture" listed in the "File:" field. You will get this error message otherwise.

megs

It Works Now!

Post by megs »

Thanks a bunch, I just assumed that since there was a choice to use a field that's where I'd enter it, but using the file choice works great. :D
~Megs