Tagged Profiles - BUG

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

acls

Tagged Profiles - BUG

Post by acls »

I have no idea what is going on this this program, let me TRY to explain...

In my custom report I have it so it will not show tagged profile via the "Edit Record Filter" "Tagged profiles is not an empy field" and it is working - however it is eliminating profiles (five of them) that are NOT tagged. I have looked at the profiles over and over again and see no difference in them. Why are they not showing up?

What can be going on? I am soooo close to getting this done PLEASE help me. I am losing my mind!

Thank you for all of your help!
Colleen

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Due to some old code in the system, the tagged field can actually be blank have a 'Y' or "N' in it. If you were to look at the database the people not being included probably have a 'N' in the tagged field. Change you filter to tagged equals 'Y'. This is how we what we look for when processing the built-in reports.

acls

Post by acls »

I did what you said to make tagged profile exactly maches Y - now I get ONLY the profiles that ARE tagged. I changed it to maches N and that didn't work either.

I have another issue. I have my custom report showing anniversaries. and I have it set to skip if blank.
My issue is that on some of the people that are not married it has a / in the space where the date is shown. some of the people have nothing there, which is what I want.
I have looked at the profiles and every is the same as far as setup goes.

It seems that the custom report program is very unstable and unpredictable.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

acls wrote:I did what you said to make tagged profile exactly maches Y - now I get ONLY the profiles that ARE tagged. I changed it to maches N and that didn't work either.

I have another issue. I have my custom report showing anniversaries. and I have it set to skip if blank.
My issue is that on some of the people that are not married it has a / in the space where the date is shown. some of the people have nothing there, which is what I want.
I have looked at the profiles and every is the same as far as setup goes.

It seems that the custom report program is very unstable and unpredictable.
First off ... if you do not want to pull the TAGGED profiles,
You need to set the system to filter the profiles based on:
Tagged profiles does not contain "Y" ... you would do that by selecting the
does not contain text from the selections given you in the custom report writer.

Second ... the anniversary is a DATE field, as a date field the data item is not text nor is it numbers, but a specific data format. If a date has not been set, some databases will fill the field with 0001/01/01, others just include spaces and the separator '/'.

In order to pull anniversaries, I would hope that you're using the Marital Status field on the profile as one of the selection criteria, however to eliminate the record you need to be selecting is not missing a date from the selection criteria.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.