Custom Report Sorting Attendance and Giving Numbers

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Mark West

Custom Report Sorting Attendance and Giving Numbers

Post by Mark West »

I have tried several times to construct a report that lets me know the names etc of people who have not attended a worship service or contributed in the past 12 months. Any help you can provide in helping me pull this one off is greatly appreciated
MRW

NeilZ

Re: Custom Report Sorting Attendance and Giving Numbers

Post by NeilZ »

Mark West wrote:I have tried several times to construct a report that lets me know the names etc of people who have not attended a worship service or contributed in the past 12 months. Any help you can provide in helping me pull this one off is greatly appreciated
I'm not sure that you can do that through the custom reports system. You would need to access two separate databases that Custom Reports do not allow you to do.

What we used to do was do two extracts, one from the attendence (Membership) database, and one from Contributions in Excel format then manipulate them from there to find matching names.

It may take some additional steps, but it will provide you with the information you'll need to check for inactive members.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

In Attendance, it is possible to use the Custom Reports to pull a list of people who were not present through the defined date range. This is possible because there is an "Absent" status recorded for them. In Contributions, however, there is nothing recorded when a person doesn't contribute, therefore you can not report on who has not given using Custom Reports.

You can pull this information from built in reports in both Attendance and Contributions, but as NeilZ already pointed out, the Attendance and Contributions records are not ever integrated within the program for cross-referencing.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I forgot to say, and Zorak brought it up, the Excel extracts we used were from the standard reports. We deleted any headers then some other tweaking, but it didn't take that long to do.

However, I'm not sure I brought this up prior to version 10 coming out or not. Having a built in report that could correlate the two databases to show members who have both 'not given' and 'not attended' in a period, would help those churches who regularly contact members who have not been 'active' for a year or so.

This would definitely ease the task of pastoral followup by a pastor and/or elders of a church.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.