Deceased people showing up on birthday report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

efumc

Deceased people showing up on birthday report

Post by efumc »

When I run a birthday report even though I have unclicked the box for "deceased" it still shows the deceased person on the list. Is there something else I should be doing so they do not show up on the list?

NeilZ

Re: Deceased people showing up on birthday report

Post by NeilZ »

efumc wrote:When I run a birthday report even though I have unclicked the box for "deceased" it still shows the deceased person on the list. Is there something else I should be doing so they do not show up on the list?
First off ... is this a custom report you are using ?? If so, have you made sure that part of the selection critieria used to pull data for the report does not include deceased members.

For instance:

If you're pulling birthday data for Members only, you should have a line in the custom report that says something like:

Personal Status Code exactly matches "Member"

Now if you're using the personal status code to reflect that the person is deceased,

This assumes the status codes are as follows:
  • Member, Deceased Member, Visitor, Inactive Member, Friend of Church
However, if you're using one of the other data field locations to track whether or not members are deceased, you'd have to eliminate that field from the data result.

Not knowing how your system is setup, I can't give you any more advice that that.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.