Copying a report to another

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Copying a report to another

Post by John Dykema »

When I click the copy button and give the report a different name, I find that the query is copied ok but the report formatting is not at all. That causes me a lot of work when I have similar reports. Is there a better way to copy a custom report?
We are using PC+ v.11 with the latest upgrades, Win XP Pro, and 5 networked pc's.
We have 569 communicant and baptized members.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We are unable to recreate this problem. If you would like us to take a look at it for you, send a custom report files backup to data@powerchurch.com.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Here's a clue. I don't quite remember what the process was but when we upgraded from 8.5 to v10 none of my custom reports copied over. I think I sent you a diskette of all my 8.5 CRs and you had to convert them or tweek them. This worked fine and they worked. I just hadn't tried to copy a report until last week and discovered that all formatting is deleted.

If that doesn't help much, let me know and I'll send you a copy of the original report.
Thanks.
We are using PC+ v.11 with the latest upgrades, Win XP Pro, and 5 networked pc's.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Well, I tried it again this weekend and it worked fine. Tried it again this morning and it copied fine. I have no idea what I'm doing differently but all is well.
Thanks.