Using tagged records in a custom report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Joetta Trimble

Using tagged records in a custom report

Post by Joetta Trimble »

We are using PC+ Version 10.4 on Windows XP. I am attempting to use the custom reports in the Contributions module.

I have tagged the names of families who have not yet returned their pledge cards and want to make labels that include mailing name, envelope number and phone number.

I have used the criteria of "Tagged Families" and tried "Is not an empty field" with no success. In one of your other posts, it mentioned using "Y" for yes. I tried that, again with no success.

How do you use tagged records in a custom report? I could have typed the all the labels in the time I've spent, but would still like to know the secret!

Thanks for any help.
Joetta

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

"is not an empty field" will catch all the Y and N entries.

Simply choosing "exactly matches: Y" should get the results you are looking for.

Something to remember is that you can tag families as well as individuals. Envelope numbers are assigned to the individuals. Make sure that you are both tagging and querying the family or the individual.

Joetta Trimble

Using tagged records in custom reports

Post by Joetta Trimble »

Thanks for the reply. I have tagged both families and individuals. I tried the "exactly matches Y" and got a whole list of people...I'm looking for less than 50 giving units. I'll try it again!
Joetta

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Um ... since you're on version 10, wouldn't the Create Mail Merge File => Non-Pledging Contributors functionality give you this information without having to use a custom report.

This was one of the features I asked for as you can use it for a number of things. It includes alot of extra fields, but you can exclude those fields when creating your labels in your word processor program using the mail merge function.

Sure there would be an additional step to make labels in a word processor, but this gives you the ability to create a label for any pledge card, then a label with address for a mailing.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.