Monthly & YTD contributions in the same report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Dave Gardiner

Monthly & YTD contributions in the same report

Post by Dave Gardiner »

I use a custom report to generate a spreadsheet to send monthly contribution receipts and it works very well. However I would like to include the year to Date contributions as well as the monthly totals. I have been unable to generate a report thet sums an envelope for two separate periods of time on the same report.

Zada
Tech Support
Tech Support

Contributions custom reports

Post by Zada »

Dave,

Sorry, but there isn't a way to create a report that will give you information like that. When you include a date range in your filter, if there is data that falls outside the range, it won't be included as output on the report.
:cry:

Dave Gardiner

Post by Dave Gardiner »

Zada,
Thank you for the reply.
It seems to me that my request is just a "Small matter of programming" :idea: :idea: :idea:
Are there plans to include this type of functionality in a future release?
All I want to do is be able to sum an envelope for two different ranges of dates in the same report.

Dave

Zada
Tech Support
Tech Support

Monthly & YTD Contributions

Post by Zada »

I know that Program Development as talked about making some changes to the Contributions- Custom Reports area of the program, but that will be in future versions and I don't know if this would be one of those changes. I will be happy to forward your comments to them as an suggestion.

Zada

Dave Gardiner

Re: Monthly & YTD contributions in the same report

Post by Dave Gardiner »

I originally submitted this post in 2003 - it is now 6 years later and I am on 10 online - is there any progress on this request?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... as a user, and programmer, I'm not sure if this problem is a 'small issue of programming'. I suspect that it has more to do with the limitations of Crystal Reports.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, it's an issue with the way the Custom Report Writer handles the data. Rewriting the core of the Report Writer certainly is more than a small issue of programming.

As mentioned in the earlier (much earlier) post, we can only report on what data has been brought into the report. If the query is for June 2009 Contributions, we can't also report on Year to Date 2009 Contributions. Crystal Reports and other applications can accomplish this by running a report within a report, or at least sub-queries, but it is just not something that we can do in the Custom Report Writer.