Is there a way to export the user barcode into Excel?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Infog

Is there a way to export the user barcode into Excel?

Post by Infog »

Is it possible to export the user's barcode into an Excel file, with all of the profile information included? The only way I know to do this at the moment is to print off the attendance sheet, and scan the barcode back in.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Here is a post with the information I think you are looking for: http://www.powerchurch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=622

Infog

Post by Infog »

Thank you. :)

Infog

Post by Infog »

You mentioned a check digit that needs to be calculated. How do I do that? I was able to create all of the barcode but that last number.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

The check digit is part of the barcode and is going to depend on which barcode symbol you use. You will need to look at the documentation for the barcode for how it wants the check digit calcualted. If you are using a barcode library to generate the barcode, then it should figure it out for you.

Infog

Post by Infog »

This is the problem - I have programmed a check-in station for the children's ministry in Access and VB, and have a way to automatically import all the children. I can export all the needed data from Powerchurch, and concotenate the (almost complete) barcode.

I can import that data into Access, too, formatting it and calculating new information as needed.

The database has class names (grades), and calculates call numbers and prints name tags onto mailing labels based on that. Visitors have their own class IDs and allowed call number ranges.

There is a system to track who has checked in, and check people out. Though it doesn't add students to Powerchurch yet, it is possible to print a list of students and times, then do that manually.

I have no clue what a barcode library is, and I don't know if I actually need one - I just leech info off of Powerchurch. I looked at the Powerchuch 8 user manual that the church has, but they have 9. Where is the documentation that I should be reading?

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

If you are able to generate the barcode and then scan it in and find the correct person, you shuold be fine. The check digit is going to depend on which type of barcode you use and its specifications. In PC+ we are using EAN8 as the barcode type. EAN8 has a check digit that has to be calculated. If you are using a different barcode type, you might not need a check digit.

MTZDetroit

Interesting Approach to Check-in

Post by MTZDetroit »

Hello,

I would love to get more info from you regarding this post:
'I have programmed a check-in station for the children's ministry in Access and VB, and have a way to automatically import all the children. I can export all the needed data from Powerchurch, and concotenate the (almost complete) barcode.

I can import that data into Access, too, formatting it and calculating new information as needed.'

We are looking to implement a similar environment. Would you be interested in sharing your Access and VB program with us?

If not, I completely understand.

MTZ Detroit
Michael Sanchez
PC+ 9 User
Mt Zion
Clarkston, MI
msanchez@mtzion.org