Too much white space

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sherry

Too much white space

Post by sherry »

I created a custom report with 3 columns and the following bands: Page Header, Column Header, Detail, Column Footer, Page Footer. There is nothing in the Column Header or Footer. The Page Footer is only tall enough for a date field. The Detail section is lining up fine.

Problem: Every page has extra white space at the bottom, before the page footer. I had this problem on another report, too. There appears to be plenty of space to print another row, but it is left blank.

Are there any settings that can help me control this?

Thanks for your help!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you look at the band properties (double click on the Detail band)

There is a setting that reads something like "Start on a new page / column when less than X. in"

Make sure that this is set to "0.000 in" if you want to use the maximum amount of space available.

sherry

Post by sherry »

Yes - it is set to 0.00. Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sherry wrote:Yes - it is set to 0.00. Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help.
How many lines are being printed on the page??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sherry

Post by sherry »

The number of lines varies. It's a 3-column report, and some columns appear to run about 53 lines - others less.

Is there a setting in the report that I should look at to answer your question? I don't see any settings for number of lines on a page.

Thanks again!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sherry wrote:The number of lines varies. It's a 3-column report, and some columns appear to run about 53 lines - others less.

Is there a setting in the report that I should look at to answer your question? I don't see any settings for number of lines on a page.

Thanks again!
Not really, its just that in the back of my mind, I'm thinking 52 or 53 lines is about all you're going to get on any report. What you may want to do is increase the font size a bit.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.