How to create a custom church direstory?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mikeboarts

How to create a custom church direstory?

Post by mikeboarts »

How do I create a custom church directory?
Michael Boarts

NeilZ

Re: How to create a custom church direstory?

Post by NeilZ »

mikeboarts wrote:How do I create a custom church directory?
I did a search in the Knowledgeabase and found this:

http://www.powerchurch.com/support/answ ... icle_id=25

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

mikeboarts

Thank you.

Post by mikeboarts »

Thank you.
Michael Boarts

mikeboarts

List of feild codes

Post by mikeboarts »

Is there a list of field codes anywhere for making the custom report?
Michael Boarts

NeilZ

Re: List of feild codes

Post by NeilZ »

mikeboarts wrote:Is there a list of field codes anywhere for making the custom report?
Which field codes are you talking about? Most of the names listed in the article I mentioned are the standard names used in the system.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

mikeboarts

like Sunday School, church membership, etc

Post by mikeboarts »

I am looking for Sunday school, church membership status, code 1 classification, and others like that.
Michael Boarts

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

I am assuming that your Sunday School is setup in Activities & Skills. In order to include that information, you would have to create the report in Activities & Skills. Or have you used a code in Personal Profiles for their sunday school class?

Are you trying to create a directory for a class, or do you want to list which class someone attends on a church wide directory? If you want to include what sunday school class someone is in on a church wide directory, you are going to run into a problem with the custom reports.

If you goto activities & skills and include the Sunday School class, only those people enrolled in Sunday School will appear in the directory. Anybody not in a sunday school class will not appear in the directory.

In order to get the names of fields you have included, use the expression builder, the list box on the bottom left should have a list of fields in the output cursor.
Last edited by Jeff on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeboarts

Church wide directory w/

Post by mikeboarts »

I want to create a church wide directory that shows which Sunday school class each person is in along with their general information.
Michael Boarts

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

If your classes are in Activities & Skills (SK), this probably isn't going to be easily doable. To include SK information you would need to create the report from activities & skills. If you do this, only people who have SK information will be on the report.

There is 2 ways around this. The first would be to create a dummy activity in SK and add everyone to this dummy activity. This would then get their information into activities & skills so they would be included on the report. The downside of this method is it makes the custom report more complex and you have to remember to mass add everyone to this dummy activity before you print your report.

The second method would be to use a code in Personal Profiles for their sunday school class. This would make the report easier to create, but could make updating sunday school classes harder because you would have to update activities & personal profiles when they changed classes.

mikeboarts

2nd option

Post by mikeboarts »

The second option is what I want to do. I already have them in the classes. My problem is getting that into my custom report. I don't know what code to type in the report to get them to show. Or other facts like their membership status. I am looking for a list of code that I type into the report like "nameline" "address" etc.
Michael Boarts

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

You include those fields in the Select Fields to show in Query Step. This includes them in the output cursor. If you are including a lot of fields in the output cursor, you may need to manually add them to the report layout. To do that they will be listed in the expression builder.

mikeboarts

not finding them

Post by mikeboarts »

I am not finding them in the expression building.
Michael Boarts

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Are you not seeing it when you go here:

mikeboarts

not seeing

Post by mikeboarts »

That is correct, I am not seeing anything listed in the fields window. I can type them in if I know what their name is. But I am not able to just click on them because they are not there.

You are being so helpful, I really appreciate it.
Michael Boarts

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

What version of PowerChurch are you using and have you installed the latest MR?