Custom Attendance Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

aatarsus

Custom Attendance Report

Post by aatarsus »

I would like to create an attendance summary report for a selected group of people, i.e. people entered into PC in the past year. The closest I can get in Custom reports is a listing of how many times they were present.
pdawg

NeilZ

Re: Custom Attendance Report

Post by NeilZ »

aatarsus wrote:I would like to create an attendance summary report for a selected group of people, i.e. people entered into PC in the past year. The closest I can get in Custom reports is a listing of how many times they were present.
Exactly what are you looking for in the report?

This info can help with the answer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

aatarsus

Post by aatarsus »

I would like to get a report simular to the standard "summary of personal attendance" report, but be able to only select those who are new attenders to our church. ("date entered" is within the past year) The only way I can see to do this would be to make a new personal status category which we would dump all the new attenders into, but we would still have some conficts there with new attenders who had become members (which is already a personal status designation).
pdawg

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

aatarsus wrote:I would like to get a report simular to the standard "summary of personal attendance" report, but be able to only select those who are new attenders to our church. ("date entered" is within the past year) The only way I can see to do this would be to make a new personal status category which we would dump all the new attenders into, but we would still have some conficts there with new attenders who had become members (which is already a personal status designation).
The first time attenders report under the Attendance module will list names for first time attenders, are you looking for more info?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

aatarsus

Post by aatarsus »

I'm looking for more information that what the "First Time Attenders" report gives me. I'm interested in knowing the frequency of attendance for those who have begun attending within the last year. The summary report does that nicely, but I am not able to select individuals by any other criteria than "personal status codes", "Activity Department" or "Activity Role".
pdawg

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

aatarsus wrote:I'm looking for more information that what the "First Time Attenders" report gives me. I'm interested in knowing the frequency of attendance for those who have begun attending within the last year. The summary report does that nicely, but I am not able to select individuals by any other criteria than "personal status codes", "Activity Department" or "Activity Role".
Well ... unless they have joined the church, we here keep them as a visitor. In this way we can track frequent attendence and then remind them of the membership classes when they come up.

If on the other hand they are members, here's a simple way of doing what you want without having to do a custom report.

Create an activity of First Time Attender 1st- Qtr 2009 put these new members in that activity (I'm not sure if you can use that full title or not). Create this activity in a range of numbers not normally used. Each qtr create a new activity so you can track for a full year. At th end of the year, use the Mass Promotion functionality to move those in the 1st Qtr (or 2nd Qtr, and so on) to regular attendence. Then rename the 1st Qtr-2009 to 1st Qtr-2010 and reuse that activity.

A little workaround, but an easy way to be able to use all the standard reports.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.