Photo sizing for custom directory

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Rod Jeffers

Photo sizing for custom directory

Post by Rod Jeffers »

Have searched mulitiple forums trying to determine this infomation.

We're looking to do a pictorial directory and I find nowhere the information about what size the original photo should be saved to for use in a pictoral directory.

I see where by default (I assume) that the directory will print out at, which appears to be about 2x1.75 there abouts.

Could someone please advise what size the files need to be saved as???

thanks in advance

Rod

NeilZ

Re: Photo sizing for custom directory

Post by NeilZ »

Rod Jeffers wrote:Have searched mulitiple forums trying to determine this infomation.

We're looking to do a pictorial directory and I find nowhere the information about what size the original photo should be saved to for use in a pictoral directory.

I see where by default (I assume) that the directory will print out at, which appears to be about 2x1.75 there abouts.

Could someone please advise what size the files need to be saved as???

thanks in advance

Rod
In actuality, there is no limit as to the size, Powerchurch will resize the pictures during the import.

There is a setting in the Preferences => System Setup for pictures. You can choose to store higher resolution pictures, or uncheck the box to store at a lower resolution.

The Low Resolution pics will be stored at a resolution of 255x210
High Resolution will be stored at 800x600.

Hope that helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Rod Jeffers

Image sizing

Post by Rod Jeffers »

Ok...I understand the part about it will changed the resolution, but what about physical size....like if the photo is in a 8x10 format, when it resizes, will it resize proportionatly??? or will it crop off some of the image??

Do I need to size to a specific size to avoid possible loss of areas of the photo??

Again, thanks for the feedback

NeilZ

Re: Image sizing

Post by NeilZ »

Rod Jeffers wrote:Ok...I understand the part about it will changed the resolution, but what about physical size....like if the photo is in a 8x10 format, when it resizes, will it resize proportionatly??? or will it crop off some of the image??

Do I need to size to a specific size to avoid possible loss of areas of the photo??

Again, thanks for the feedback
The system will not 'crop' the photo, it will resize proportionally. I just imported all the photos from our latest Olan Mills directory. These are usually an '8x10' type of format, and they imported perfectly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.