GRouping and sorting in a custom report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

chunky

GRouping and sorting in a custom report

Post by chunky »

I am making a custom photo directory, but cannot get the data to output in the exact way that I expect. Perhaps I am just using the wrong fields.

I would like to generate a photo directory in last name alphabetical order, but with each household grouped so the family picture and family members may be listed.

I have generated the report using two key fields: 1) mail_no field, or 2) Last name.

However, when I generate the report by grouping the mail no field it groups the family members correctly, but produces the directory in the mail no order. If I generate the report using last name, it sorts the directory in the right order by last name, but it groups families with the same last name together even though they are different households.

Is there an additional specification I can add to sort that is not linked to the "group" function? Eg. group by mail_no, but sort the report by Last name?

Thanks in advance for your help!

chunky

Post by chunky »

Never mind. I sorted out.

I just did two levels of grouping (by mail no first, then by last name), but left the group 1 section of the form empty.