Membership Master Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

larrybryant

Membership Master Report

Post by larrybryant »

Is there a way to create a Custom Report that contains information from the three different databases:
1. Family Mailing List,
2. Personal Profile, and
3. Activities & Skills
like on the Membership Master Report?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, reports created from the Activities & Skills menu should have access to all Family Mailing List and Personal Profiles information.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

One side note, though, now that I am thinking about it... This will be Activities & Skills specific data. So, you can not report on people who are not members of activities.

larrybryant

Post by larrybryant »

Is there a way to create a Custom Report like the Membership Master Report with everyone listed and the accompanying information from each of the 3 databases that I mentioned? I'm confused, it can be done with the Membership Master Report, but cannot be done with the Custom Report writer?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

larrybryant wrote:Is there a way to create a Custom Report like the Membership Master Report with everyone listed and the accompanying information from each of the 3 databases that I mentioned? I'm confused, it can be done with the Membership Master Report, but cannot be done with the Custom Report writer?
Yes, as Zorak said, you have to do it from the Activities & Skills module, using the Custom Report feature there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The built in reports in PowerChurch Plus are created using Crystal Reports, where we have access to the whole database.

The Custom Report Writer that is included in the system is a completely different tool, with more limited data access and features.

If you are generating a report using the Custom Report Writer from Activities & Skills, you will not be able to report on people that are not members of activities... Just like in Contributions, you can't report on who has not given.

The data source starts with Activities & Skills, those that are members of those activities, and relates back to the other membership information, allowing you to pull the Family Mailing List and Personal Profiles information for each of those people.