Custom Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

calvarylutheranyuma

Custom Report

Post by calvarylutheranyuma »

I have created a customer report for family mailing list.
categorys are
mailing category (ie member, wintervisitor)
newsletter code 2 (yes, no)
mailing name (last name, first name)

What I need is an exact total my mailing category, (ie how many winter visitor listings, how many membe listings)
I can not figure out how to get the totals
Can you please help

Janet

NeilZ

Re: Custom Report

Post by NeilZ »

Janet,

I'm on vacation and don't have access to my test machine here, but I seem to remember that there is a standard report that will display the Family Mailing List profile totals. This should do what you want it to do.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

calvarylutheranyuma

Post by calvarylutheranyuma »

Hi Neils
Yes I do use that report. What I want to see exactly is.....
When I run the report I get a total of all listings in PCP by mailing category. But... I want to see what name(s) is attached to that total.
I need to see a list of all names alphabetically by last name, grouped together by what mailing category they are and the total number of these listings added up all at a single glance. (no addresses, etc.)
Reason is we move people around in the categories, depending on their relation to the church.

I have been able to create a custom report that gets me this list except for the total as an excel report.
The report at a glance gives me mailing name, grouped by mail category and counts them individually (1) per line but no total. Also the program is not advanced enough to allow for a full listing, I had to break it up into 3 reports.

What I do is then match this report to the other report totals should match & I can see at a quick glance who is in what category. Whether friends or past vicars.

Justine Loker

Post by Justine Loker »

I'm not sure this is what you want, but when we send out a mass mailing, I want to see how many families are in each zip code so I can double check by count. I click on pick output type and then click on Detail Summary Report and hit edit and sort it by City, State, Zip. It prints a report that I can use to double check my numbers.