Excel Report problem

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Al

Excel Report problem

Post by Al »

No answer when I posted this on Accounting forum, so will try here given that this is a Report problem.

Using PC v. 9 and Excel 2003.
When saving a Balance Sheet by Fund (level 6) as an Excel file, I get the following error message every time.
"File error: data may have been lost"

There are seven fund columns, one total column, one account title and one account number column.

I'd like to know why I'm getting the error message.

Al

As an aside, the fund titles are offset by three or four columns (they're too far to the right, so I cut and paste them to where they belong).
First United Church
Salmon Arm, BC

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Excel Report problem

Post by Zorak »

This is Excel's way of telling you that if the XLS document that PowerChurch Plus created contains active content (like macros), they have been stripped out. The XLS files that we create are basically raw text and don't ever contain anything that could be considered a security risk, but Excel shows the message every time anyway.

This is part of the same update that causes Word and Publisher documents to not open at all, saying your Registry Settings don't allow it. At least Excel still works, just with an annoying (and misleading) message that pops up every time.

Al

Post by Al »

Thank you. I'll quit worrying about it then.
Any idea about why the fund headings are offset three or four columns to the right?
Al
First United Church
Salmon Arm, BC

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

A few of the reports come out this way.

It is due to a communication breakdown, or some kind of translation issue. When PowerChurch Plus hands the report file off to Crystal Reports to create the output file, it seems to do whatever it wants to on some reports. We have had users report specific issues with specific reports and file types, sometimes we see the same thing here, sometimes it works fine, others we see a completely different issue.

For the most part, we haven't been able to make any progress in improving the file exports of the reports that are messed up.