How do I restore a CR from PC+ backup?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

How do I restore a CR from PC+ backup?

Post by John Dykema »

I need to restore a report from a previous backup. When I choose to restore just selected files it gives me a long list of crypted files names. I have no idea which custom report to restore. It's a report from Profiles so I'm guessing it's one of the filenames starting with "rpt/cust/ME...." . If that is the case I could restore all those particular ones, I guess.
Isn't there a way of importing from a backup, or, whats the best way to handle a restore of a custom report?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: How do I restore a CR from PC+ backup?

Post by Zorak »

When you are in the Report Designer, you can see the file name in title bar of the window, such as "Report Designer - me000005.frx - PowerChurch Plus 10.4".

Some things, like the query conditions, sort orders, and list of output fields are stored in the QM_* files in the program directory. Try restoring the FRT and FRX file from the RPT_CUST directory and see if that fixes up what you need.

Otherwise, you will have to grab all CR related things from the backup to make sure that all reports will work after.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks Zorak. In this case I can't get far enough to see the report name 'cause I get the "yellow screen of CR death" before I get to the report designer. Guess I'll have to restore all CR's.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Ah, the yellow screen of CR death. I've seen it many times. Type a variable name wrong once and it's all over!

If you have access to the Database Manager, open it up and type "modify report". A window will open allowing you to browse into the RPT_CUST folder. If you can, set the view to Details in the file list, then sort it by Date Modified. The newest one should be the report you were working on. Select the report and click Open (or whatever the button says).

Now you are back in the Report Designer with your report open. There is no data being loaded in, so you won't be able to preview it or anything, but you can poke around to figure out what went wrong last time you edited it.

When closing out of the report, you will be prompted to save it. Choose Yes.