Larger Pictures in Directory

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Brian Burkhart

Larger Pictures in Directory

Post by Brian Burkhart »

Hi there. We've been using 10.4 for a couple of years and it's great! Now we're just trying to print a Pictorial Directory for the first time. We'd like for the pictures to be bigger, like full column width with the family names underneath, rather than the info beside the picture. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Larger Pictures in Directory

Post by NeilZ »

Brian Burkhart wrote:Hi there. We've been using 10.4 for a couple of years and it's great! Now we're just trying to print a Pictorial Directory for the first time. We'd like for the pictures to be bigger, like full column width with the family names underneath, rather than the info beside the picture. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!
I believe that v10.4 is hampered on the size of the picture set in the preferences. The v10.4 help has this info:
Use the System Setup Options menu item to change .... picture options.

To change your system setup options:
1. From the File menu, choose Preferences then System Setup Options.
2. Click on the Picture tab to set the following option:

♦ Import / scan higher quality images. This setting controls the resolution of the pictures that are imported or scanned into the PowerChurch Plus database. Higher quality pictures look better, but take up more space on your computer's hard drive.
♦ Low resolution images are stored at a maximum resolution of 255 x 210.
♦ High resolution images are stored at a maximum resolution of 800 x 600.
V11 however has this in the help:
PowerChurch Plus will, by default, import pictures at an 800x600 resolution. If you wish to import smaller pictures, saving hard drive space and keeping backup sizes to a minimum, you can specify that the program resize images to a smaller 255x210 size on import.
Now, I believe the built-in pictorial directory uses a smaller picture. However, in v11 there are some changes to the built-in layout that could use a larger picture. Also, I fully suspect that in v11 you can create a directory report as a custom report and use the larger picture size.

As far as what you can do in v10.4, I would see if you could create a custom report including a picture and see what size the picture appears as.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.