Printing two pictures for a couple

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tedpack

Printing two pictures for a couple

Post by tedpack »

Please forgive my ignorance.

I'm our church's webmaster. I work from home. Our administrator tells me she is using Power Church 11. I am almost positive she's running Windows XP, but I did not ask before I saw the posting guidelines.

She is working on our first picture directory. I'm helping by taking pictures after church, then cropping them and reducing them to 255x210. So far so good. If the "Family Unit" is one person, it looks great. If it is a couple, I have been telling them to stand close together, and taking one picture.

Is there a way to print two pictures, side by side, husband and wife, 255x210 each, in their directory listing?

Thanks

Ted Pack
Modesto, California

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Printing two pictures for a couple

Post by Tracy »

PowerChurch can save and display an image at 800x600, since Version 10.

In the built in reports, there is not one that will display the two images side by side. If someone built a custom report, inside the report layout, a grouping would need to be made, the information about the family, and the picture names will need to be saved to variables and reset to blank at the end of the group. All the information will need to be put into a group footer, via the variables you create.

This example shows how to put a picture in a report:
http://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb/k ... cle_id=140

This example shows the report layout grouping:
http://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb/k ... icle_id=25

There isn't an example on our website that I found quickly showing how to use variables. It's another tab with the grouping page. When you use them, and define them, start them with "m." (m followed by a period). If you do get into creating custom report, please read the help (Press F1 when in the Custom Report dialogs or in the manual) relating to the custom report module.
Tracy

tedpack

Post by tedpack »

Thank you; a negative answer is an answer. At least I know it wasn't a matter of looking in the upper right-hand corner after spending 4 hours scouring the lower left-hand one, so to speak.

We'll just use the canned report and one picture. I could devote the next 4 week so fmy life becoming a Power Church Power User, but I have trees to prune and pasture to irrigate.

Both of those links gave me an error, perhaps becaus eI'm using Windows 7 at home, parhaps because I don't have some plug-in enabled. It says:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: webmaster@powerchurch.com

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

The error you posted is on the web server. Perhaps since I'm trying later the problem has been resolved.
Tracy