Visitation Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FBCMoyock

Visitation Report

Post by FBCMoyock »

Trying to create a custom visitation report that will list each member of their family along with Birthdate, Activity class attended address, etc., group by family, sorted by date registered and be able to lay it out in a custom format. I saw a post that referenced a "Mail_No" field for grouping a family, but can't find that field anywhere.

Thanks for any help

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Visitation Report

Post by Tracy »

It looks like some information did not transfer internally from Version 10 to Version 11.
If you are using Version 10, It is in the list.
I see it is not in the list for Version 11. We'll get this written up and fixed in a MR soon.
Tracy

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Thanks

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Noticed a new MR out but no Mail_No field. This is starting to get frustrating. There is no place where I can find the ability to create a report that includes all the family members and activity info

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

It's in the MR. It is available for both the record filter and using/displaying in the report.
Have you restored data since the MR was installed? A back up may contain an older version of the updated file and cause this behavior.
Tracy

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it. Membership/Visitations/Other Output/Custom Reports
Add New Query, name it, Pick a field (Household Key Lastname)/Begins with "B"/Done/Done
Do You want to run Query now? Yes/OK
Fields to Pick from - Pick All/Done
Run Query
X out to close results Create report
Edit Form
Looked in Grouping, Variables you name it, I can't find it.
PCP Online Version Program date 06/16/2010
Looked under Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles etc. and can't find it there either.
What am I missing?
Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I see the Mail_No under the STEP1 of creating a new query, and also in the Select Fields to Show in Query.

I believe you have to select the field to show in the query, in order to group by it, or do any other function with it.

Again, this is with the 6/16/10 MR installed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Are you using the online version? My fields in order are HH Key LName, HH Key F Name, LN, FN, FN+LN, Sal, Mailing Name, Add L1, Add L2, City, State, Zip etc. but no Mail_No anywhere

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

It looks like our process for updating the online files did not work 100%. We'll get that figured out shortly.
We did make a quick update and you should be working now.
Tracy

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Thanks, at least I know I'm not going crazy. Got it to group by Mail_no, however it repeats all the data for each family member. Is it possible to have it just display the address, phone number etc. for the first record and for the rest of the family members just show the first name and activity class? Haven't done any real programming in quite awhile.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Edit the layout of the report, create a group there. Then move the items you do not wish to repeat to the group header (or footer).
You might sort the the data by family lastname, mail_no, and directory sequence.
Tracy

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

You are AWESOME!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I didn't see that Powerchurch Online was referenced, so I was assuming the local network version.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

OK, Query me this riddler. Set up a query in Personal Profiles. Filter with Date Registered field, get 52 records.
Create same query in Activities, Date Registered Field, same dates, only get 2 records.
Any thoughts on this one. Tried reindexing already.
PCP Online V11

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Only people who are in the selected activities will be available in custom reports from Activities & Skills.

Custom Reports in Personal Profiles will get everyone.