Attendance Reports for Deacons

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

firstcob

Attendance Reports for Deacons

Post by firstcob »

I am using Power Church 10 on Windows XP.
I need to create a report for our Deacons to show who of their assigned members have been absent from worship for 4 or more consecutive Sundays. The report template for consecutive absentees does not give me all the information I need. I would like to have report results in Excel and printed.
These are the challenges I am running into:
I have added the field for attendance Value Exactly equals P. But, can I include a value for having missed 4 or more consecutive services and how? Is there a way to do this without ahving to manually enter a date range with each report run?
I have it set to sort by Deacon (Who Visits) but is there a way to have a seperate sheet print specific to each deacon? I.e. Each different value for Who Vists on a seperate sheet. The pastor does not want each Deacon to see what is on the other Deacons' reports.

Many, many thanks:)
First Church of the Brethren
Harrisonburg, VA

NeilZ

Re: Attendance Reports for Deacons

Post by NeilZ »

firstcob wrote:I am using Power Church 10 on Windows XP.
I need to create a report for our Deacons to show who of their assigned members have been absent from worship for 4 or more consecutive Sundays. The report template for consecutive absentees does not give me all the information I need. I would like to have report results in Excel and printed.
These are the challenges I am running into:
I have added the field for attendance Value Exactly equals P. But, can I include a value for having missed 4 or more consecutive services and how? Is there a way to do this without ahving to manually enter a date range with each report run?
I have it set to sort by Deacon (Who Visits) but is there a way to have a seperate sheet print specific to each deacon? I.e. Each different value for Who Vists on a seperate sheet. The pastor does not want each Deacon to see what is on the other Deacons' reports.

Many, many thanks:)
First Church of the Brethren
Harrisonburg, VA
I think you're trying to reinvent the wheel. Have you looked at the standard Consecutive Absentee Report under the Attendance Reports? This will do everything you want it too, and then once you export to Excel, you can cut and paste the different Deacon listings to separate spreadsheets.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

firstcob

Post by firstcob »

Thank you for your reply. perhaps, I am trying to reinvent the wheel. I am filling in for our normal church secretary who hasn't had much time to research this. I was hoping to make the simplest way possible for her to run these reports including not having to cut and paste by Who Visits into separate pages. But, it just may not be possible to do that without getting too complicated.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

firstcob wrote:Thank you for your reply. perhaps, I am trying to reinvent the wheel. I am filling in for our normal church secretary who hasn't had much time to research this. I was hoping to make the simplest way possible for her to run these reports including not having to cut and paste by Who Visits into separate pages. But, it just may not be possible to do that without getting too complicated.
However, its not too complicated to add to the wishlist for an update in v11. I'm not sure if they are doing any feature updates in v10.4 any longer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

I am assuming that the deacon information has been added to the Who Visits field for the family.

In version 10 you can sort the consecutive absentee report by the who visits field. Version 11 has added the ability to filter this report by the who visits and visit area fields, but you will have to run the report once for each deacon changing the filter condition.