Custom visitation report doesn't include all prospects.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tgruver

Custom visitation report doesn't include all prospects.

Post by tgruver »

I've been working on a custom visitation report, and asked my secretary to add some new prospects from a recent event. Her response? "I've already added them." Silly me, I thought since they weren't showing up on my report they hadn't been added yet.

She was correct, they had already been added. However, the report doesn't include them because they have no visitation records yet. The only selection criteria is "Mailing Category equals Prospect." That is what I want, and it works, but again, only for prospects that have been contacted in some form or another and have at least one visitation record in the system.

I need the report to include new prospects, even if they haven't been contacted, so the outreach teams will bump them to the top of their list. Is there any way to include them without having to add a dummy visitation record?

We are running PC 11 on Win XP and Win 7.

Thanks,

Tim

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Custom visitation report doesn't include all prospects.

Post by Tracy »

You will not be able to get them in the Visitation module until a visit has been entered. This is by design.

You can use the Personal Profiles custom reports to get the list.
Tracy

tgruver

Post by tgruver »

I agree, it looks like I can get a list of all prospects through the profiles custom reports. But ... there's no visitation data there. I don't really care to have to try and keep up with 2 lists.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tgruver wrote:I agree, it looks like I can get a list of all prospects through the profiles custom reports. But ... there's no visitation data there. I don't really care to have to try and keep up with 2 lists.
FWIW ... there is a built-in report under attendance (if you track attendance) that can give you first attender data. This is something that you can use to give to the Outreach team so they see on one page, people they need to visit immediately.

In any case, you wouldn't be keeping up with 2 lists, you can still use your Visitation report for when they have had their initial visit, the Personal Profile report would only show the visitors who have not been visited. If you create a custom report, you can even give it a specific header that would give the list priority.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tgruver

Post by tgruver »

NeilZ wrote:
tgruver wrote:I agree, it looks like I can get a list of all prospects through the profiles custom reports. But ... there's no visitation data there. I don't really care to have to try and keep up with 2 lists.
FWIW ... there is a built-in report under attendance (if you track attendance) that can give you first attender data. This is something that you can use to give to the Outreach team so they see on one page, people they need to visit immediately.

In any case, you wouldn't be keeping up with 2 lists, you can still use your Visitation report for when they have had their initial visit, the Personal Profile report would only show the visitors who have not been visited. If you create a custom report, you can even give it a specific header that would give the list priority.
We don't track that kind of attendance, so that won't help.

And, the personal profile custom report gives me all prospects (mailing category = "Prospect") ... those that have been visited and those that haven't. This is the 2 lists I don't want. If it could give me only those that haven't been visited, I could live with that. If I try to use the 2 reports like it is now, the outreach teams would have to visually sift through the profiles report, comparing the names with the visitation report, to find those prospects that haven't been visited. That's what I meant by not having to keep up with two lists.