build a custom report from an existing report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gvoffice

build a custom report from an existing report

Post by gvoffice »

I would like to be able to pull an existing report into the custom report area and add to the information. For instance - add addresses to the Weekly Column Attendance Registry report.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: build a custom report from an existing report

Post by Zorak »

The custom report writer is a whole separate reporting system. The built-in reports are created in Crystal Reports. It is not possible to start with an existing report in the CR writer. Each report is created from scratch.

ekwihs

Post by ekwihs »

So I assume there is no conversion tool to convert built-in reports to custom reports. So then if I have a built-in report that I just want to tweak a little bit, it must be completely rewritten from scratch? If yes, is there any circumvention at all? :wall:

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ekwihs wrote:So I assume there is no conversion tool to convert built-in reports to custom reports. So then if I have a built-in report that I just want to tweak a little bit, it must be completely rewritten from scratch? If yes, is there any circumvention at all? :wall:
No, however what are you looking for?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

emellesee

Post by emellesee »

I would love to have a variation on the Vendor Activity Summary report. I normally put the invoice number being paid in the "Reference" box when paying bills and it would be great for the Vendor Activity Summary to show that info so I can quickly see if/when I paid a bill. If this can't be added to a Maintenance Update, could someone give me some guidance on how to create something like this in Custom Reports without having to create it separately for each vendor (or have it show all vendors)?

Thanks in advance for all help!
ML

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

emellesee wrote:I would love to have a variation on the Vendor Activity Summary report. I normally put the invoice number being paid in the "Reference" box when paying bills and it would be great for the Vendor Activity Summary to show that info so I can quickly see if/when I paid a bill. If this can't be added to a Maintenance Update, could someone give me some guidance on how to create something like this in Custom Reports without having to create it separately for each vendor (or have it show all vendors)?

Thanks in advance for all help!
ML
I can understand why you'd like to see that.

I would send that request to "wishlist@powerchurch.com", along with how it would improve your workflow. It may just make it into a fix, or the next version.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.