Using ACCESS for reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

DonnaF

Using ACCESS for reports

Post by DonnaF »

I was told to use ACCESS to make the report that need. How do I do this?

Do we link the data from PC+ to Access or transfer/copy the date to Access?

Whichever way, how is this done?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Using ACCESS for reports

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch Plus Version 11.1 has an "Export to Access MDB" option under the Utilities menu. This creates an access file for you which contains your PowerChurch Plus information.

beas

Post by beas »

Zorak,

I have done this export a couple of times, but when I open the database with Access 2007, I don't see any tables or data or anything. Am I missing something? This may not be the right forum. :wall:

Thanks.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

beas wrote:Zorak,

I have done this export a couple of times, but when I open the database with Access 2007, I don't see any tables or data or anything. Am I missing something? This may not be the right forum. :wall:

Thanks.
The database is exported in Access 2002-2003 format, which is still the most widely used. Access 2007 should recognize that, and convert the database.

How are you opening the file ?? Are you starting Access first, or are you double clicking on the file ??

On a side note:

What type of report do you need that you cannot create it using Custom Reports feature of Powerchurch?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

beas

Post by beas »

I've opened it both ways with the same results. I don't have any current needs, but I was just curious to see how it looked in case I ever needed to use it.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

beas wrote:I've opened it both ways with the same results. I don't have any current needs, but I was just curious to see how it looked in case I ever needed to use it.
You should look in Access to see if there's an import function from earlier versions of Access. I've got 2007 loaded somewhere here, so I'll probably check later myself.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

DonnaF

Post by DonnaF »

I need to make a report that says if a confirmed member has contributed during the last year and has taken communion. We use that information to say that you can vote during our annual meeting.

But I can't do contribute AND commune in PC+.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

DonnaF wrote:I need to make a report that says if a confirmed member has contributed during the last year and has taken communion. We use that information to say that you can vote during our annual meeting.

But I can't do contribute AND commune in PC+.
That's correct, the custom report writer only allows you to have access to certain areas of the database. That said, you can export to Access, but that also means you will need to know what database codes relate to the different areas of the database.

That said, there is a built-in report that can probably help you out.

If you track communion using the Attendance module, and have an Activity number set aside for it, you can use the Active Profiles report from the Personal Profiles reports. This is a report I specifically asked for to track members who have attended services/and have contributed for a specific date period that you enter. It has the standard report filtering options, but also has this entry screen:
screen.jpg
As you can see it asks for an activity (or range of activities) as well as a contribution fund (or range of funds).

There is also a Non-Active Profiles report that will list who have not attended or contributed. It has the same type of entry screen as shown above.

I'm sure one or the other will do what you want.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

DonnaF

Post by DonnaF »

Thanks,

That is ALMOST what I need. I need to who has communed AND contributed.

I know I can export it and delete the lines I don't need. But that is a pain.

I also don't need the address line...

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

DonnaF wrote:Thanks,

That is ALMOST what I need. I need to who has communed AND contributed.

I know I can export it and delete the lines I don't need. But that is a pain.

I also don't need the address line...
I missed that and forgot its an 'OR' function on that report . Unfortunately there is no standard report that will give you that, and with the way the Custom Report function in each module accesses the database, there is no way you can access both the attendance and the contribution areas of the database without using Access to do this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.