How do I find an activity code when in Profile custom report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

How do I find an activity code when in Profile custom report

Post by John Dykema »

How do I find an activity code when in Profile custom reports? I am tweeking our Directory Information Forms which each family corrects and updates prior to the new Directory is worked on. I want to see if a person has activity code 9001 (Email prayer line) and if so I will ask if they want to be kept on, or removed, etc. I can't see activity codes in the Edit Output fields when in the Profile custom report program.
Does anyone know how I can test for a certain activity code?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: How do I find an activity code when in Profile custom report

Post by Tracy »

Are you asking if a person is a member of an Activity when working in the Personal Profiles Custom Report module?
There is no way to directly do that from Personal Profiles.

There is only one way to guarantee you will get all Families and Profiles when in the Activities Custom Report module. You will need to mass add every profile to an Activity for reporting, prior to entering the Activities Custom Report module.
Tracy

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Right. The "Activities data is only available from Activities or Attendance custom reports" is part of the reason we added the Export To Access utility in the 11.1 update. There are some limitations of the custom report writer that we can't overcome, except for using a different tool.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks for those remarks. I've written one report in Access but I really don't want to rewrite this complex report. I'll back off from some of my ideas for this one. Thanks.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Rethinking. If after mass adding everyone to, say activity 1000, is there a way of copying the program from Profiles custom reports to Activities Custom Reports so I can use it there? There are just too many fields and variables to have to recreate it.
I haven't figured how to duplicate a report.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

There is not a direct way to copy a report from one module to another.

You can create the new report with the same Output Field list. Edit the layout and look at the title bar to see the filename that is used. With this information you can use tools in the OS to copy the frx and frt to the new name created in the new module. These paired files are stored in the rpt_cust folder. IF the field list is missing a field in the report you will get a warning and request to reset the report. In this scenario it will not be the desired results.

Please make backups.
Tracy