Move Custom Report To Another Module

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

brentbond

Move Custom Report To Another Module

Post by brentbond »

Is there a way to move/transfer/copy a Custom report from 1 module (Personal Profiles) to another module (Family Mailing)? It's an involved report with lots of logicals and I didn't want to have to recode it again.

----- Brent -----

NeilZ

Re: Move Custom Report To Another Module

Post by NeilZ »

brentbond wrote:Is there a way to move/transfer/copy a Custom report from 1 module (Personal Profiles) to another module (Family Mailing)? It's an involved report with lots of logicals and I didn't want to have to recode it again.

----- Brent -----
While it sounds like you could, after all the different modules are in the same function, you may not have access to the same areas of the database. I would take a look at what you're accessing under Personal Profiles, then check to see if the same data items are available under Mailing List profiles.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Move Custom Report To Another Module

Post by Zorak »

I'm sure it's possible, but not something you would want to try... The information from each custom report is saved in five different DBF tables (the QM_* tables in the program directory) and all reference field IDs in the QM_Dict.dbf file. Each module has different field IDs assigned to the same fields, so it would be a lot of work to cross reference each and every field / variable / expression in the data files themselves, as well as cross referencing the module reference in a couple of tables.

It's one of those "Can I convert from QuickBooks using the Import Fund Accounting Transactions utility" questions... The answer is yes, but for your own health and well-being, not something we recommend trying.